Sunday, June 19, 2011

Shit Happens!

27…yes guys, along with the heavy rains wishes poured in for my 27th birthday and just like the famed “nimno chaap” sweeping the state, I too felt a few chaaps up my ass.
They say that the teenage is the most confusing stage of life and if you can fight through that then the rest of your life is a smooth sail.
Whoever said this is a liar or died of drug overdose in his/her teens.
So my answer to that is Shut the F*** up…Smooth Sail……Even Captain Jack Sparrow can’t guarantee it!
If teenage is confusing, the mid twenties hurl you in the stranger tides of life and unresolved issues of Roti, Kapda and of course Ladki crop up their heads like mermaids.

So how does it feel like being 27?
When are you getting married?
Big boy, now you’re a man…time to take some decisions…
Time to settle down…man

Excerpts from a few birthday wishes that poured in with advices and questions for my future… words like DECISIONS, FUTURE, MAN and of course MARRIAGE made my heart skip well… quite a few beats and when you notice the streaks of grey hair adorn your “super cool” spikes the nimno chaap certainly becomes urdhogami! It becomes even weirder when you see a lot people of the same age who’s got it all figured out while you still fantasize about the Munnis, Shielas and the latest Jalebi Bais!
I really don’t know about others but my life has definitely not turned out to be the fairy tale that I once wished it would…in the past 27 years my RFT ratio hasn’t been admirable. I have screwed up more than I have got it right but again I have loved making those Miss-takes and they have only enriched my experience.
Of course, there are times when I completely hate my life and shout out - Ja Chudail at it, when my daddy also feels that am his biggest Gaalti, when my maan ka tanpura strings out the raga of frustration and makes me feel that my bheja is nothing but savage garden of useless crap but that’s perhaps is the fun of it…the more you try to sort it out, the more complicated it becomes.
Toh ab tera kya hoga re Kaaliya?????
Just accept that Shit happens when you’re on the wrong side of the twenties. Then you’re left with two options…
• Mature fast, get married and get it all figured out
OR
• Put on your earplugs, get READY for some kickass action, pick up whatever comes your way and keep running with your MP3 player screaming….Bhag bhag DK BOSE!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Bro,srry but cud n't agree much with dis1.
    Shit has nothing 2 do with teenage,mid 20s,mid 70s or whether u r hitched or not......
    If shit does not happen den the person dies :-)

    ReplyDelete